Collectors are all around us. Their collections range from consumer desirables to the obscure and idiosyncratic. Often times, those wishing to expand their collections resort to prowling specialized web forums and hoping to get lucky. But what if the 1942 Willys Jeep taillight that will cap off your renovation project exists in someone's parts bin, 800 miles away, unknown to the world?
• Collectors want to show off their collections.
• Others wish to sell or trade but have no easy way to broadcast them to wide audience or gauge demand.
• Collectors are wellsprings of knowledge on narrow subjects.
Collector allows collectors to:
• Curate and showcase their own online 'museum'.
• Monetize their collections.
• Share their expertise with other enthusiasts.